Are you a local band looking for your chance to perform live on the big stage?
As part of the Sounds of our Towns Mountain Getdown initiative by Retro Rehash and Blue Mountains Theatre, local bands and up-and-coming performers are invited to submit an entry to OPEN the first 2023 Sounds of our Towns gig at Blue Mountains Theatre.
For anyone keen to be the opener for Vol. 5 on 20 April 2023, here’s the ‘how to’:
1. Create a short video of you/ your band performing a snippet of original material (30 secs max!)
2. Upload your video to Instagram and tag #SOOT, @blue.mountains.theatre, @bmcityofthearts, @retro.rehash & @bmcityofthearts
3. Ask your friends and fans to share! share! share!
4. Come to Sounds of our Towns Vol. 4. on December 16 to hear the winners announced live on stage and collect your prize
5. Be available to bring the house down at SOUNDS OF OUR TOWNS – MOUNTAINS GETDOWN, Vol. 5. at the Blue Mountains Theatre on Thursday 20 April 2023!
Bands must have at least one member residing in the Blue Mountains to be eligible and must be in attendance at Sounds of our Towns Vol. 4 on 16 December, in order to collect the prize.
Vol. 4 will feature local bands Sonori, Alia Sharp and Acid Amora and once again the Blue Mountains Theatre will be setup with the dancefloor front and centre, for this special line-up of energetic, up-and-coming acts.
In addition to opening the April 2023 show, you will also receive a voucher for a professional photo session with legendary Lona from Inertia Photography, and the promise of a paid, live performance experience you won’t forget!
Tickets for the Sounds of our Towns Mountains Getdown are $20/$25
Main image: Florah by Inertia Photography